Thursday, November 5, 2009

From What I Can Gather...

I write to you now as a woman accomplished, currently dressed in a not-to-shabbily constructed gathered skirt! I made use of some of my muslin, mustered the courage, and sat down to start my very first project. It took me about 4 hours, but I have my first wearable piece! I wouldn't wear it out, however, because it is made of muslin, but now this weekend I can make the same skirt (for real this time) with a red and white polka dot cotton... or maybe a houndstooth? It fits my waist perfectly and hits right above the knee. I had to fuss a bit with the waistband, but a little fuss is expected! My bedroom looks like a tornado ripped through and deposited pins and fabric and thread everywhere... but it is worth the clean up. I love my new sewing machine! It has really been a treat :)

And here is the very first Kelsey O'Donnell creation!



It is as bare-bones as you can get, but remember it was just for practice...I've got big plans for the "real" one!

No comments:

Post a Comment