Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Bringing the Machine to Life

I bought a good many yards of muslin on sale today and arrived home with a mission. I sat down in front of the machine tonight for the first time, determined to make a seam... and it was a success! I read every word in the manual and followed all of the instructions carefully. Everything went swimmingly! Could this hopefully be a sign of things to come? It may not seem like much, but I felt very accomplished. So far, the machine and I are getting along quite well, but we're still getting to know each other.

This is my very first seam. It may not be pretty, but I am proud!

The stitching:
The lovely inside:


I can go to sleep with a smile knowing I have just taken my first step into the world of sewing. On the agenda for tomorrow: tackling a pattern.

No comments:

Post a Comment