Saturday, November 21, 2009

Belated Halloween & Weekend Project

This is a little late, but I just wanted to share a picture of my Halloween costume I created this year. I made a cute, yet comfy, skeleton costume!

There is just something refreshing about a flattering, yet non-bare-all costume. It seems that Halloween has become an excuse for girls to let it all hang out, and while I'll admit I have had a scandalous Halloween costume or two in my teens, the past few years have been about being festive and comfortable, and people still seemed to really enjoy my costumes without me baring my cheeks or chest! And I think this costume made my legs look fabulous! It cost less than 15 bucks to make, and with a little construction help from my roommate Julie, it really was a breeze to put together. An old black shirt, a $5 pair of leggings from Target, a roll of that "fake blanket of snow" that people put in their Christmas villages, and a can of spray adhesive, and I was good to go. Kris was "El Superbeasto." It's a character from a movie not even I have seen.

On a totally unrelated note, I am working on a blouse this weekend from the Amy Butler pattern for the Lotus Cami. I cut out my pieces and marked everything tonight, even completed a few darts, but then I somehow misplaced one of the back panels I was working with. I never left the room, but it somehow disappeared. So I took that as a sign to call it a night and do another mad search in the morning. Hopefully I will have something amazing to show you by the end of the weekend!

Also, I picked up some wonderful Waverly upholstery fabric this evening, as I found some wonderful chairs at Goodwill that I am going to re-purpose over Thanksgiving break. I will post before and after pictures in the upcoming week as I complete them!

1 comment:

  1. I just painted myself silver and went with some toy guns. I was a shooting star. Lazy, I know. But, your costume is super sweet. I can't wait to see your blouse!

    ReplyDelete