Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Simplicity design contest- my drawing woes


What a cruel joke it was to be graced with a creative and ever-working mind, but to have no way to communicate it to paper. I have so many good ideas and beautiful things that I envision, but lack the neccessary (well, any really...) drawing skills to get it down for the rest of the world to see. There is a wonderful design contest going on by simplicity that I would love to get in on. I have a few of the project runway patterns that they have put out, and there really isn't much to them. I think it would be a piece of cake to design something for the collection. All I'd have to do is enter a submission inspired by project runway, which I think I could easily do. I always have ideas swimming around, so if only I could easily catch one and play with it on paper, see it come to life a bit. I'm going to try and take a drawing class this summer at my university, but you have to be an art and design major in order to enroll in them, even the intro level ones, so we'll see if I can give the puppy eyes to a professor and weasel my way in.

1 comment:

  1. I wish I could draw too! It would be so useful for capturing and working on design thoughts.....good luck with getting in the class!

    ReplyDelete