Sunday, June 6, 2010

Mr. Tiki

It's been so long! But I'm back with something new and exciting. I embroidered a tiki dude onto a shirt for my Mr to wear to a wedding this past weekend. He loved it! And I thought he looked quite dapper in it, as well. This is my second embroidery project i've completed, and I am thrilled with how it turned out.


And here's a close-up of Mr. Tiki, fresh out of the hoop!


I used the Tiki Freak pattern from Sublime Stitching, with their transfer paper and stylus as well, since it was on a black shirt. The white transfer paper didn't really work that well on this shirt material, so I mostly just eyeballed the pattern and went free-hand. I changed the pattern around the eyes a bit because I thought it was too busy, but otherwise I tried to stay pretty true to the pattern. I love this design because it is colorful, yet still masculine and to boyfriend's taste.

Next on the list: a birthday dress (I hope!). My 23rd birthday is next Friday, the 11th, and I would LOVE to have the time to make a new dress to wear out to dinner and then maybe a drink or two at the voodoo bar. Wishful thinking everyone!!

4 comments:

  1. Nice job on the tiki shirt! Kind of makes me want to embroider something...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had never had interest in embroidery until I went onto the sublime stitching website. It's such a cheap hobby, too. And I wanted something I could do for an hour or so before bed without much clean-up. This was the perfect solution!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've tagged you in the game of 8 Questions. I hope you will share with us on your blog.

    1) What outfit from a movie would you love to re-create?

    2) Tell us about your sewing spot/room. What is your favorite thing about it?

    3) Where did you learn to sew? Who taught you?

    4) If you could have dinner with one person from the past, who would it be?

    5) What/Who inspires you?

    6) What will always make you laugh?

    7) What is your favorite flavor of ice cream?

    8) What is something you would like us to know about you that you have never shared on your blog?

    ReplyDelete