Monday, January 11, 2010

A few things for a few people

Toward the end of my Christmas break, I completed a few projects for family and friends. I made some basic curtain panels for my boyfriends mother, and they turned out splendidly! I didn't take a picture, as they are just burgundy curtain panels and I believe you can imagine for yourself what they might look like.

I did some patching on the sleeves of my boyfriends favorite sweatshirt, which was pretty shredded. It was a pain in the butt, but it made him happy :)

And finally, I made some cushions for my parents ride to Florida! My mom's Honda CR-V is still pretty new so the seats aren't broken in yet. Even my young tush gets sore from a long ride in it! It's about a 24 hour drive to Florida from my mum and dad's, so they requested I whip them up a little something to make the ride more comfortable. I had some 2" high density foam from my chairs left over, so I made removable covers for two 20x20 inch pieces of the foam. I just kind of did my own thing and made up the design as I went along, and I think it was another success!! I picked a nice cotton fabric that is easily washable and light. I made a zipper panel on the side of each so the foam can be replaced/removed for washing of the casing. I think these are my best looking zips yet!

For christmas, I recieved personalized labels to put on my creations, and at my parents request, these cushions were no exception! Aren't they fabulous?


They were huge! I tried to tell my dad they might be a little large and in charge, but he insisted in a "full coverage" cushion, haha!

And miss Zowee wanted to get in on the photo shoot!


Ok, so now that I am back at school, I am going to start sewing for me again! With my new dress form in tow, I am going to finish my little herringbone wool dress this weekend! I'll post pics when it is finished :)

No comments:

Post a Comment